May 9, 2011

Summertime

Goodbye freshman year, hello SUMMER!!

In a nutshell: finished my last final on Saturday and drove back to f-wood on Sunday (just in time for mother's day!) accompanied by 472983 lbs. of laundry and an awesome mix CD courtesy of Mr. May, Derek Rogers! This morning I woke up feelin' oh-so-fine and decided to take a nice short walk/jog on the treadmill; I'm still not allowed to do much on concrete on account of my angry meniscus, and I say walk/jog because I only did about a minute of jogging, and 29 minutes of highly inclined, fast-paced walking. But hey, I'm getting somewhere! After that lovely morning workout I quickly showered up and made a delicious breakfast of...

OATS.

And let me tell you, they were delicious! Inspired by FitFoodieFinds, I created my own twist on Lee's Perfect Banana Oats. How did I do it? Here it is:
  • BAM! 1 packet of instant oatmeal.
  • WHAM! 1/2 cup water.
  • FOOM! 1/2 sliced banana
  • KA-POW! cinnamon to taste
  • PLOP! Nutella. nooooooom
  • SHAZAM!! Perfection.
I'll let you check out Lee's blog for more detailed instructions on making this bowl of gloopy awesomeness, but for now, feast your eyes on the greatness that was my breakfast! I plan on eating oats as much as I can over the summer, and hopefully into the school year; they're so fantastic and pretty easy to make. Luckily, I had a slow and relaxing morning so I had the time to test this one out. But, for tomorrow's breakfast... Well, I'll give you a hint...

Let's just say I ran out of Nutella this morning after making my delicious breakfast, and now I am re-using this jar in my second breakfast experiment! Nom nom nom...

Here's what I love about Houston humidity: what it does for my hair! As strange as it sounds, my hair works best either a bone-dry climate, or Houston humidity. It probably also has something to do with the quality of the water her in H-Town, but no matter! My hair looked fabulous today, just the same. Which is a really good thing because I spent the afternoon with the boyfrann, catchin' up and watching Disney's Tangled and such. We had a great time!

Wowzers folks! It's about time for "Dancing With the Stars" to come on!! Tune in tomorrow to hear how my second breakfast concoction went!

1 comment:

  1. yum yum yum!!! I'm so excited to see tomorrow's creation!!

    ReplyDelete