May 24, 2011

ACC: pronounced [ak:k]

You'd seriously think I was intentionally avoiding blogging! Lies, I've just been dealing with the wonderful world of community college... Nothing against the institution in itself or the people who work at/attend the small-scale collegiate education centers. I JUST HATE ADMISSIONSSSSSSS.

Rewind: Yesterday I phoned A. Community College to find out what the heck was wrong with my application and to try to register for classes. Over the phone, a huffy lady flatly told me that because I had not provided SAT scores, my admission into the college had been put on hold.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. FREEZE.

Not to brag, but I attend Baylor freakin' University.
Wouldn't it make sense that if I were attending a PRIVATE school of higher education on a loverly academic scholarship, that I would be qualified to attend a small college in HickTown, USA? Apparently not. So, I spent the better part of my morning at the ACC Office of Admissions and Registration arguing with an admissions officer over how legit the SAT scores CollegeBoard had mailed to me 3 years ago are. It's an official letter; I'd say pretty legit. She said not so much...

I return tomorrow for part two of my perilous quest to attend Community College.

On a brighter note, BabyBrother has his school play this afternoon, which the mother and I will attend. If it's super-cute, I might post pictures. Get excited.

Stay classy, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment