May 31, 2011

Nut Butter

Here's my new obsession. Nut butter. Specifically almond butter. It's delicious. If you haven't yet, you should totally try it. Best of all, it doesn't make my stomach all wonky like peanut butter does! Om nom nom nom!

In other news: I've finally entered the world of Twitter and there's no going back! Follow me @solangesings. Seriously, you won't regret it one bit. And I wouldn't mind the attention.

Now, feast your eyes on this deliciousness. Cranberry muffins!! These are certainly a winner in my book. You want a recipe? Well, here ya go:
Ingredients
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3/4 cups soft brown sugar
- 9 tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
- 1 and 1/4 cup CRASINS!!
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 415* F
  • Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar and make a well in the center
  • Add the combined melted butter, eggs and milk all at once, and fold until just combined. DO NOT OVER MIX. The batter should still be quite lumpy!
  • Fold in the CRASINS. Spoon the batter into a well-greased muffin tin (I ended up using the normal sized muffin tin and got about 18 muffins)
  • Bake for 20 minutes and then let cool on a wire rack.
  • Nom down.
Enjoy the muffins and the nut butter and have a classy evening!

P.S. I start summer school tomorrow. Blech.

1 comment: