December 31, 2010

Salutations, 2010

It's December 31st. This is the part where you say, "Really???" and then I reply with something snide like, "no... It's really the Fourth of July!!!"

Anyway, life at home has been pretty boring; mostly because my computer decided on Tuesday that it hated me and would not connect back to the Internet until today. But at about 11:06 this morning we kissed and made up, so all is well and I am back online! Hence the two blog posts today... P.S. that will never ever happen again...

So much is going on today in preparation for the new year! My mother is running around like a chicken with its head cut off trying to convert the measurements in an antique German cookie recipe into their American equivalents. Who knew that 2 centiliters was equal to .67586 US fluid ounces?? Her only comment on the matter is that "these cookies had better be d*** good." And they will be. They have brandy and hazelnuts in them. And immense amounts of apricot jam. Yummy! Oh, not that I am encouraging alcohol consumption by any means...

As for the rest of my family being busy, they're all huddled around our tiny TV playing the Top Gun video game on our ancient GameCube. I say ancient because we went on a 2 hour excursion this morning in search of exciting GameCube games only to realize that only one of our seven stops even carried GameCube games anymore. Ironically, they all had a plethora of N64 games... I guess we'll just have to upgrade to an X-Box or one of those Wii systems. Dang it, there went all of my high scores.

Speaking of high scores, guess who got the highest scores on all of the levels of "Abduction" today? Yours truly, of course! It only took me forever and a day, but I finally beat out my youngest brother for the title of Abduction Champion!!! If you couldn't tell, this is a pretty big deal in my household. In honor of my becoming the champ, my dad even cooked up three t-bone steaks! Just kidding, the steaks were really cooked because our Christmas present finally arrived yesterday. 101 lbs of beef, or one-third of a slaughtered calf courtesy of my Aunt Sherrie and her kin-folk. The other two-thirds went to my other cousins and my grandparents. Needless to say we will be eating a lot of beef for the next few months, and I will be forced to leave my "no red meat" diet by the wayside in order to appease the beef gods (aka my parents) in partaking in the meat of this creature. Mmmmm, delicious...

Goodness me, I've been rattling on and on about food today! So how about we discuss more important matters, like my impending debut in a music video created by none other than myself in collaboration with my good buddy Hannah (or Hana, or Hanah, or Casper, or that crazy girl who follows me everywhere with a video camera...) We will be filming for the majority of tonight before we go and blow up stuff with pyrotechnics. It is going to be grand. For those of you with slightly diminished vocabularies, pyrotechnics is just a fancy word for explosives. Which is a fancy word for fireworks. If you don't know what fireworks are, please, for heaven's sake, get out of the box you're living in and watch a New Year celebration. For instance, the one in Berlin, Germany just happened. It's the largest outdoor celebration in the world. Which pretty much goes to show that Germans are epic and that we should be left to bask in our awesomeness...

Well, it's almost the New Year here in the good ole US of A, so salutations to 2010, and keep it klassy in the new year, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment