December 6, 2010

That College Girl Look

So for the past few days, my buddy-ole-pal Megan and I have been partaking in a social experiment.

Leggings.
I think we should title this experiment: Leggings are NOT Pants!!!


Anyway, as a social experiment, Megan and I each went to a different public place wearing only leggings and shoes on our bottom halves. To those of you who cringe at the thought of wearing only thin fabric to cover your tush, I applaud you! For those of you who don't: read on.

Today, I went to the gym wearing only my leggings under my t-shirt and sweat. And let me tell you something, I've never been flat out hit on at the gym in my entire life. Talk about awkward. All of the guys at the machines stared at the junk in my trunk the whole time, and the girls glared at me like I was some kind of slut. Maybe I just naturally give off that vibe, but I noticed the other girls there that were wearing the same attire as I, and they were getting the same reactions from the general public. Classy? I think, no.

At the dining hall, Megan discovered that her legging-clad lower body drew much attention to her figure. All of the jocks in line for pizza did a double take when she walked past, and a guy at the drink machine almost walked into her because he was staring at her glutes rather than watching where he was going. Oh shallow college boys.

Between Megan's knowledge of psychology and my general awesomeness, here's what we've deduced:
  • College boys are very, very shallow
  • College girls only wear leggings to attract the opposite sex (afore mentioned shallow college boys)
  • The cafeteria ladies do not appreciate when your pants are stretched really tight across your backside
  • Leggings are really, really comfortable. Like, really
  • That doesn't mean you should wear them in public
  • Ugg boots make leggings look even more dumb
  • Wearing leggings in the cold does not keep you warm
  • Wearing normal pants in the cold does keep you warm
  • Girls in leggings just want to show off how deep their leggings can get shoved up their butt-cracks before the leggings disappear and they're left naked.
  • Leggings in public is a social NO!

So, ladies, have fun, stay warm, and for Pete's sake, PUT SOME PANTS ON!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful experiment. Well done, kid.

    Oh, blog more frequently. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete