January 5, 2011

Muenchen

No, the title is not gobbledy-goop. It's the German name for the town of Munich, located in southern Germany in a region known as Bavaria. It's pretty much most famous for its beer. Like Oktoberfest. Where the locals and tourists alike consume tons of beer. I want to go to Munich. Not because of the beer, but because of the history and the nude parks. Definitely not because of the nude parks. But the city is in southern Germany, and being of north German descent, it intrigues me just a little bit. And Rick Steves is doing a tour of the city on PBS right now. Germany is so beautiful during the summertime; it's a shame I've only ever been to Europe in the winter. I intend to complain to my mother about this later. But then she'll just say that I have to learn better German before I can go back to Germany. Dumb.

I'm taking French next semester, so maybe I can convince her to take me to France, instead...

Mostly, I just want to get the heck out of America. I want to travel again and see the world. I am far to impatient to wait until I have a successful job as an opera singer to tour the world and to learn everything I can about other peoples and cultures and places and things.

Until later, keep it klassy!

1 comment:

  1. Solange... I told you not to post that picture of me. Sooooo embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete