April 27, 2011

EasterCakes

Alright, alright! I know I haven't been blogging of late, but don't blame me! I went home last weekend to spend a "quiet, peaceful" Easter weekend with the family and the ChuckAnn. PSYCH! Not a peaceful, restful, quiet weekend at all! But it wasn't all bad... Chuck and I spent lots of quality time together (some of it with the amazing Hana!), we studied a bit, and I got to see the boyfrann every day!

I'm not blogging today to tell you about my Easter break. No, my intention is to SHOW you my Easter break! Check it out:


A family of bunnies for the boyfrann!

Curly-Q bunny with ears made of leftover chocolate

Demented Jack-a-Lope. They really exist, folks!

One lonely turtle, also for the boyfrann.



A wonderful pack of turtles, all nicely arranged on a doily.
EASTER CHICKENS!!

A flock of EASTER CHICKENS!!
How to make delicious looking BunnyCakes and EASTER CHICKENS:

1) Make your cupcakes. I am a super-fan of Pillsbury's Fun-Fetti cake mix. Seriously, LOVE

2) While your cupcakes are getting cooked in the oven, melt yourself some brown/orange almond bark, depending on your cupcake-creature of choice, and put it in a pastry bag and prepare to decorate!

3) Pipe yourself some orange beaks and feat/brown bunny ears onto a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Then stick 'em in the fridge to solidify for a few minutes.
4) Once your cupcakes are good and cooked, let them cool and then take them out of the wrappers, flip 'em upside-down and chop off the muffin-top! Slim those suckers down :P
5) Nom down on leftover muffin-tops!
6) Take 3 blocks of almond bark and using a cheese grater, grate them to look like Parmesan cheese.
7) Take your muffin-topless cakes and cover 'em up with frosting. All over. WARNING: this part gets really messy. Be prepared for lots of finger-licking!
8) Dump your frosted cake into the shredded almond bark to give it some feathers/fur. I apologize for how blurry this picture is. My model (CHUCKANN) kept moving.
9) Let the icing set, add eyes, beak, and feet (or ears, eyes, nose and mouth for a bunny) annnnnd...
10) Viola! You have yourself a super-cute EASTER CHICKEN! Or BunnyCake. Either one.
 Keep it Klassy, Easter Bunnies!

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely adorable!!! I wanna make them! and you're How-to is GREAT!! love your apron!

    ReplyDelete