February 1, 2011

This Weather: Gotta Go

So anyone who's been outside in the past 16 hours has noticed the freak weather change that has affected most of Texas. And by freak I mean:

Iwaswearingshortsyesterdaywhattheheckhappened!?!?!?

Not okay, Texas, not okay. But, as much as I dislike the cold, there have been snow flurries gracefully fluttering down, down, down all over campus today, causing a majority of my professors to freak out a little, and for six out of my ten million classes to be cancelled. Can you say, "happy day!?" So, that monster French test I was supposed to take tomorrow morning: postponed until further notice. Vocal Music Hour: cancelled. Studio Class: cancelled. French Diction: well, Dr. Williamson didn't leave her house today, so most definitely cancelled! What all does this mean? It means I get to sleep a little before the weather calms down and my life begins to be crazy again.

Side note: I am rejoicing today for the fact that, not only are my classes cancelled, I've only seen two people wearing leggings today. And both of them were running for cross country practice. Oh, and one was a dude. Not on my top ten list of things to see before I die. Not at all.

If this happens tomorrow, I think I might cry with happiness!
I was asked today by a friend of mine, "What happens to the animals at the zoo when the weather gets terribly bad like it is today?" I was baffled. What do they do with the animals at the zoo when it's snowing. I mean, it's not like Bengal tigers are built for the snow, or anything. And think of the poor monkeys. They're from AFRICA for goodness sake! So, if classes are cancelled tomorrow and the roads aren't too icy (ha. ha.) I plan to travel to the zoo and inquire about the animals. If the zoo is open. Which it probably won't be, but who knows? The college kids who work at Cameron Park have to make a living, too!

1 comment: